I have been working as a counsellor since 2007 and achieved my Level 4 Person Centered Counsellor Diploma in February 2011
The Person Centered Approach to counselling belongs to the Humanistic School of Therapy where the trusting relationship between the client and the counsellor is paramount. Person Centered Therapy believes the client is their own expert and it encourages self-expression, self-awareness, self-development and a greater understanding of self.
Prior to establishing “Sarah Jane Miles Counselling“, I have worked at:
– Sure Start Children’s Centre
– Disability Derbyshire Coalition for Inclusive Living
– Secondary School
– Derby Women’s Centre
I have worked with:
– Parents with young children
– Women and men of all ages
– Both men and women carers
– Both men and women with disabilities
– Young people between 6-18
Currently I am based in Stanley Common, Derbyshire, DE7.
I have been an associate member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists since 2008 and became a registered member in 2011.